Evention Inc. Terms & Conditions
This website is operated by, or on behalf of, Evention Inc.
Some content available via our sites may not be appropriate for children under a certain age. Parents and guardians should supervise their children’s access to our websites and in particular, their use of any community areas.
- Intellectual Property
All intellectual property rights in the information and content available on our sites belong to Evention Inc. or our licensors. Much of the content is protected by copyright, trade mark and other laws. Unless otherwise stated, content may be copied only for your personal use. Content should not be modified, performed, published, transferred to anyone else or used for any commercial purpose. Except to the extent permitted by applicable law, you must not disassemble, de-compile, reverse engineer or otherwise break or attempt to break encryption protecting the content.
Our site is provided on an “as is” basis. At times, sites may not be available or may be affected by faults or maintenance work, or by circumstances outside our control. No warranty is given about the quality, functionality, availability or performance of our sites or any content on the sites. We reserve the right to change, suspend or withdraw content from our sites, to suspend your registration or access to our sites, or to discontinue any site or site feature at any time without notice. You are responsible for your Internet Service Provider fees and any other fees related to your use of our sites.
You must not damage, interfere with or disrupt access to our sites or their content, nor do anything that may impair functionality or interfere with another person’s access to our sites or their content. You must not use the sites or their content in any way that is unlawful or damaging to Evention Inc. , our affiliated companies or any other person.
You are entirely responsible for any text, video, audio, images, photographs or any other materials or content you provide for our sites. Please use any available community tools responsibly. In particular, do not post content that infringes the law or third party rights, or which includes activities or statements which are discriminatory, offensive, obscene or defamatory or which may cause offence to others on grounds of nationality, ethnicity, gender, sexuality, religion, faith or disability. You should not use the community areas for any commercial purpose.
You grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free and fully transferable right to use, copy, modify, publish and display any content which you post or upload on our sites, and to incorporate it in other works. You waive any moral rights which you may have in this content.
You understand that we do not monitor all user-generated content on our sites and we are under no obligation to do so. However, we reserve the right to monitor all such content and, without notice, to edit, delete or remove any content which we deem to be inappropriate. The views expressed in the community areas are those of account holders of the public and are not those of Evention Inc., our affiliated companies, licensors or partners.
- Links to other sites
We have not approved or checked any third-party sites linked to our sites and we are not responsible or liable in any way for their content. Your use of third party sites will be subject to the terms and conditions of those sites.
Evention Inc. does not warrant the accuracy, reliability or completeness of any information contained on our sites. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Evention Inc., our affiliated companies and/or licensors exclude all liability for any loss or damage suffered by you or any third party whether direct or indirect, incidental or consequential and howsoever arising from your use of or access to, or inability to use or access a site, including any loss of data or damage caused by downloading content from our site.
- Governing law
2. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ACCOUNT MEMBERSHIP
This document sets out the terms and conditions that apply to account membership of EVENTION INC., and is entered into with the named individual or corporate account holder.
Evention Inc. reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time and undertakes to communicate material changes to all Members within an appropriate time.
Membership of Evention Inc. entitles the account holder to benefits including, but not limited to, discounts for Evention Inc. publications, training and events (including priority notification and bookings) and other services as offered. These benefits and services may alter from time to time.
Anyone with an interest in Evention Inc. may join as an account holder. Evention Inc. reserves the right to refuse accounts should this interest not be demonstrable. Becoming an account holder of Evention Inc. carries no legal responsibility for the account holder in respect of Evention Inc., nor does it carry voting rights at meetings or liability in respect of any debts of Evention Inc.. The term ‘account holder’ is the name used to describe the group of people and organisations that access Evention Inc. services and benefits via a subscription programme.
An account holder may terminate his or her account at any time and without providing a reason. Evention Inc. reserves the right to cancel accounts at any time and without reason should it so determine.
Evention Inc. accepts no liability whatsoever for any harm, damage, or loss, howsoever caused, through being an account holder of Evention Inc..
These Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Netherlands. The courts of the Netherlands shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear or decide any claim, action or proceedings and to settle any disputes arising out of or in connection with the Terms, and for these purposes each party irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of the Dutch courts.
3. EVENT PERMISSIONS AND LIABILITY
As a condition of account membership, account holders give permission to Evention Inc. to video and photograph account holders at Evention Inc. events and furthermore, allow them to be used for publicity on their websites and any social media platforms and any promotional materials. Such videos, pictures and promotional materials may be seen by and sold to the general public.
Any gymnastic / dance moves are carried out at the participant’s own risk and Evention Inc. cannot be held responsible for any injury or medical cost that is a direct or indirect result of an injury caused thereby.
If account holders have a medical condition that can be affected by physical activity they take part at their own risk.
Members represent their team and as such account holders’ behaviour and conduct should reflect this. Any conduct that is deemed inappropriate may be considered by the Evention Inc. committee and could result in account holders and / or the team being excluded from taking part in any future events.
4. TERMS/CONDITIONS OF EVENT PARTICIPATION
The following terms and conditions apply to a booking or reservation for an event:
- All payments are non-refundable.
- If the event is cancelled or postponed then a refund of the ticket price will be provided, or if the team so chooses: a transfer of funds to the purchase of a ticket(s) to an alternative event.
- If payment has been made but the subsequent steps of registration have not been completed, the team risks expulsion from the line-up without the right to a refund.
- If the event venue is changed but the dates remain the same, no refund will be issued.
5. EVENT CODE OF CONDUCT
By signing up as a team or account holder with Evention Inc., the account holder agrees to the following Codes of Conduct:
- Teams have overall responsibility for the conduct of the parents and dancers associated with their organization.
- They will be the first point of contact for any incidents within their organization and it is their duty to inform Evention Inc. of any matters which might be relevant.
- Teams will instruct parents and dancers to bring queries and complaints to their attention and will then liaise with Evention Inc. on their behalf. The issues should be raised with Evention Inc. before public comments are made on platforms such as social media.
- Parents and guardians accept responsibility for any child / children under 18 during the entire event. If not attending the event, parents and guardians must ensure that their child is in the company of a responsible adult that they have chosen who has agreed to take responsibility.
- Parents have responsibility for their own children and those under 18 in their care. They will ensure their behaviour and conduct is appropriate and does not interfere with other attendees or the running of events.
- If parental behaviour is deemed inappropriate then this could result in them and their children being brought before the Evention Inc. committee which could result in them being excluded from any future events.
Team leader responsibility/liability:
- Team leaders attending an event have overall responsibility of the conduct of the persons attending with their organization.
- Team leaders will be the first point of call for any incidents within their team and, if necessary, will inform a member of Evention Inc. staff or member of Venue staff depending on the situation.
- Conduct during events, if deemed unacceptable, could lead to all teams under their care/organization being asked to leave the event and potentially being excluded from future Evention Inc. events.
- Audience members aged 18 and over will conduct themselves in an appropriate manner throughout the event. This includes, taking care of children under their responsibility, not purchasing alcoholic beverages for any person under the age of 18 or providing such person with alcoholic drinks. They must not drink alcohol in excess.
- Audience members must refrain from any physical altercations with any other attendees and any conflicts should be reported to their team in the first instance.
- Audience members will refrain from any illegal activity, including but not limited to the use of recreational drugs.
Any damage caused at an event, to the venue, accommodation, Evention Inc. property, hire property or other attendee’s property by the team or those under their control may lead to a claim for the cost repairing damage or replacement of damaged items. Where appropriate, the facts will be reported to the police.
Conduct in relation to Evention Inc. as well as that of dancers, parents and other audience members related to the team could lead to the team being brought before the Evention Inc. committee, which may result in individual dancers, teams or the entire Dance Organization being excluded from attending a future event or events.
6. INFORMATION ABOUT EVENTION INC.
Evention Inc. is a company registered in the Netherlands no 66519683.
VAT registration number 200867866B01.